Monday 10 September 2012

Hot Essentials

Just returned from a week in Fuerteventura with my mum so apologies for no posts last week. Packing my suitcase I was very suprised that I managed to keep my clothing to a minimum which is very unusual for me as I usually have to do last minute sitting on the suitcase and squeezing hard on the zip to get it shut but actually I did well with keeping it light. My beauty products however took half my suitcase up, I did use all the products I took but I definetly need more in the sunny weather.


The picture is only of some of the products I took but I found I used quite alot for day and night.

 By Day
In the daytimes I was using sun tan lotion Hawaiian Tropic(pictured) aswell as Hawaiian Topic Dry Oil factor 15 these were 2 for 1 in boots and they smell absolutely amazing, I must admit I am addicted to coconut smells for summer though. I also took some P20 Sun Protection this was for trips out when I was on holiday as you only have to apply it once and it lasts all day, perfect for if you don't want to carry too much weight in your bag, must say though it is not a very nice smell but sometimes that must mean it works better (well hope so). I also have a Hawaiian Topic Lip Gloss which protects in the sun but I used Balmi Lip Balm in Coconut for obvious reasons mentioned above. To protect my hair from frizzyness I used Mark Hill Humidity Spray or The Body Shop Hair Shine both lovely smells, humidity spray left my hair a little greasy though.


By Night
After a day in the heat it was off to my apartment to get ready for the evening this ment shower, hair and makeup. Firstly shower I would wash with Radox Smoothie which smells great and is a mini exfoliator after being in the sun all day and topping up your tan the next day. Washing my hair with Clynol Shampoo and condition with Aussie Miracle Moist, before blow drying my hair I put Tony & Guy Heat Protection Spray in and then straighten with my Topshop Straightners which are a perfect size for holiday. Aftersun as it was 2 for 1 on Hawaiian Tropic Products we decided to get both gorgeous smelling body butter and boy! are they yummy and leave your skin feeling refreshed. Top it off with a little Chanel Coco Mademoiselle or Dior Hypnotic Poison.

Makeup
Personally when I am on holiday and I start getting colour on my face the last thing I want to do is put makeup on just because I get a little too hot and it starts to melt and just generally makes me feel uncomfortable but that is a personal preference and totally understand why people do. I either put on eyeliner and mascara or just mascara, my mascara is YSL Shocking which is the best mascara a girl can have no need for false eyelashes and it gives a nice natural finish which is just what I need with my nice tanned face. Some nights I also wear eyeliner above my top lashes with a little flick at the ends for this I use my bargain wonder product of all which is 2True Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner perfect for a makeup look but with natural skin. I top it off with either some Hawaiian Tropic Lipgloss which i use in the daytimes of sun or I use a simple lipbalm to keep my lips looking soft.

x S x

No comments:

Post a Comment