Friday 2 November 2012

Creepy Cosmetics

Hi all, apologies for not blogging in so long as you may know from my previous posts I have been beauty guinea pig for last 6/7 weeks (going to beauty school) so I have been extremely busy with that. As it was halloween on Wednesday thought I would share my costume with you as I was so excited to go to a party last saturday I could not wait to do my makeup.After hours of thinking of what I could go as I decided on Tim Burtons character Emily the Corpse Bride as I thought the makeup part would be so fun to do.
 
 
 
'The' Dress
Off I went to town and attempted to get an old wedding dress from the charity shop nearby but they had nothing and the one that did cost something like £70 bargain or not, suppose if you are getting married for real it may be?!! In the end I asked friends if they had anything I could have and I ended with a 80s bridemaids dress which was perfect but also ended in shreds as i ripped ir so much... 
 
Accessorize
For the rest I bought a hen vail from Claire's ripped the 'L' plates off and found some craft flowers that were blue onto it included the tiara. Tescos was a moneysaver I bought a wig for £3-something and sprayed it blue with Superdrug hairpray which was £2.99 (luckily I managed to nab the last can as there was a smurf student night that night) and I was good to go.
 
 
 
The Best Part!
I was so looking forward to putting on makeup that I wanted it to be perfect so I got a picture of Emily from Corpse Bride and tried copying every single bit perfectly so I put on the makeup days before I went to the party just so I knew what I needed and how I was going to do it. I started off with a blue body and face paint from the fancy dress shop called Snazaroo and covered my face and shoulders. I then put a dark blue Shu Uemura eyeshadow all over my eyes even underneath making them really dark and also covering my eyebrows.
 
 To make the eyelashes look huge I was going to apply falsies but they were supposed to be exaggerated eyes so I drew on my eyelashes instead with a Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner dress underneath and eyelids and the flicked the eyelashes. I covered my own eyebrows in order to draw big bold ones with an old eyeliner pencil and also the nostrils aswell and then I used Rimmel Pink Blush Lipstickstick but using a lipbrush to draw a different shape than my own lips are. There we go what a great Halloween Party it was too...Maybe not the next day trying to scrub it off my body.
x S x

P.S The last picture was a little after it was wearing off but thought i'd show my costume in this one!


 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment